Endoscope Use for Arborists
Time & Location
About the Event
The course covers the following topics;
- Bat biology and ecology, this is covered in more detail that on the Bats and Trees Awareness course;
- The law, including the legislation that protects bats and their disturbance;
- How to identify potential evidence of bats;
- The responsible use of endoscopes;
- The Method Statement which covers non-licensed arborists for using endoscopes;
- British Standard 8596 - Surveying for bats in trees and woodland; and
- What to do if you find bats.
The morning session is supported with handouts and detailed visual aids to assist learning.
During the afternoon session we visit a woodland to carry out a practice survey where we will examine potential roost features (PRF's) using torches and endoscopes.
Price: £150pp (incl VAT)